Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Got an Interview!!!

I am underpaid. Yup, I said it, it's true. I always sort of knew that the kind of work I wanted to do would take several years of toughing it out at low pay before I could make the transition into the work I really wanted to do - at a higher salary. Things have gone pretty much according to plan in the past two years since I graduated, but...

I don't feel challenged enough at work.

Sometimes I'm asked to do things that are way below my level of experience/education.

My job - while offering excellent benefits - is not secure.

And last but not least, I NEED more money if I'm ever going to have a chance at climbing out of this black hole of debt.

Today when I was at the gym, I got a message requesting an interview for one of the jobs I applied to weeks ago! I had to look it up before I called back I had forgotten all the details. The details are still a little hazy as this job is not in my area of experience at all, but there are also a lot of positives.

The interview is on Tuesday. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

pennypincher said...

Good luck on your interview. Having just finished the process of applying/interviewing/accepting a job, I completely understand your situation. I wish you the best of luck!

asgreen said...

Good luck!

Canadian Saver said...

Good luck!!