So I have ONE MORE DAY to make it til the weekend when I will be going home to see my parents for Mother's Day and will therefore not have to worry about feeding myself, spending money, etc. So far, I'm doing pretty good.
Yesterday I spent $17 on:
1. Mother's Day Card ($3) - I had to laugh when I heard a teenage boy ask the clerk where the $0.99 Mother's Day cards were because I was thinking the same thing!
2. Lunch - Mexican Border Bowl at the work cafeteria ($7) - I overspent at lunch a bit but I thought there would be a craft fair outside the cafeteria where I could get a Mother's Day present for cheap. There was but it was no good. Anyhow, once I was there I really couldn't resist the Border Bowl.
3. Cigarettes ($5.40) - I know, bad habit, but one I'm not ready to give up just yet.
4. Megamillions ticket ($1) - I hardly ever buy lotto tickets and when I do I never spend more than $2. Even the guy in the store said "You're just going to buy one?" Hey, one is all you need!
Today I have bought my usual Diet Coke from the vending machine for the price of $1.50 but I brought my yogurt with me and I expect to go home for lunch.
Which leaves me with $27 in the bank and $20 cash on hand.
This much would be plenty IF:
1. I get a ride home tomorrow with my boyfriend; or
2. I spend absolutely no money until tomorrow and take the bus home ($38).
I'm not sure how things are going to pan out for various reasons but it's helpful to know that I at least HAVE enough money to take the bus home. Last time I went to visit my parents (a whopping three weeks ago) I had to borrow it.