Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where it Went 10/01-10/14

The past two weeks have involved a lot of travel which is unusual. First I went home to celebrate my little sis's Sweet Sixteen. Then I found myself agreeing to a 4 day/3 night business trip partly because I wanted to get out of Dodge. That resulted in draining all of my money. Then Boyfriend's parents came to town and I had Monday off of work - which is lucky because I didn't need to spend any money for 4 days as a result.

But living paycheck to paycheck is getting really frustrating I gotta admit. I suppose it's better than living from bank overdraft to bank overdraft like I had been before. I am just getting really anxious for some progress and don't know when I will see it. The Extra Paycheck Debt Payoff Plan is, of course, not going according to plan unfortunately.

Anyway, enough complaining for now, here's where my money went compared to the Budget I made two weeks ago:

Budgeted/Actual
Rent - 725/725
Utilities - 92/90.62
Hobby Fee - 70/70
Travel - 80/35
Gift - 40/45
Boyfriend - 50/50
Groceries - 40/0
Misc. - 38/120

Travel is less than budgeted because they insisted on giving me the Student Fare even though I'm not a student and my Dad paid for my ticket back home.

Miscellaneous mostly refers to the work trip and I will see about $70 of this money back eventually - it would be more but I lost some of my receipts!

I got my little sister two DVDs and a pair of earrings. She loved them. She's really into 80's movies that me and my Older Sis grew up on. Funny eh?

Hobby debt paid off and now I will only be budgeting $35 a month for it. I am justifying this expense because I desperately need to exercise more and also because I saved money on my Sprint bill.

3 comments:

Jim ~ mydebtblog.com said...

I don't think you're the only one living paycheck to paycheck. More people should learn to live on what they make. Credit became way too easy for anyone breathing to obtain. I was broke in college but my credit card always had money. Looking back we all do stupid things, but going forward is where it really matters. You're doing great though avoiding overdraft fees and finding ways to save money.

paisley penguin said...

You are doing great. Look at where you are compared to where you used to be. That is progress my friend. Keep it up. We have faith in you! :)

Sallie's Niece said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Just getting frustrated but I know that I have made some progress. You'll see more explanation as to my frustration in the next post!