Sunday, October 5, 2008

Work Trip = Living Large on $40 a Day

By the time this post appears I will be on my way to a fairly unexpected work trip - three days and nights in one of America's most depressed cities, yay!!! I'm actually looking forward to it though. I never get to go out of town for work and Boyfriend gets to go away all the time. The work on the condo is still not done so the past several weeks have been devoted to that and being away is my own selfish way of getting away from it all. I will miss Boyfriend and my cat of course, but opting to go on this trip earns me more than a few valuable Brownie Points at work.

Isn't she adorable? And isn't that just the nicest looking hard wood floor you've ever seen? Well hopefully by the time I come home everything will be more settled. I certainly know the cat will appreciate it.

So here I am, hitting the open road on a work trip. I'm supposed to have free Internet at my hotel room but I can't guarantee I'll be able to post for the next several days. The great thing about the trip, however, is that I was informed that I'll be granted a $40 a day food voucher! Forty bucks a day! Are you kidding me? That's the total amount I budgeted for myself for a two week period of groceries, sweet! I am going to live it large for the next three days, that's for certain!

I will have to share a room with a co-worker though. Is that weird? Like a grown-up sleepover? Yikes, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Shtinkykat said...

I hope you have an eye mask and earplugs with you. The one time I spent a night with a co-worker (on a business trip), she snored like a lumberjack! When I turned on the tv to create "white noise", she complained. Arrrgh... But $40/day food allowance. Nice! My advice: eat cheap, drink well. :-D

Anonymous said...

I'd hate to have to share a room with a co-worker too. I just don't want to know what they look like while sleeping/drooling/darting to the loo in their PJs...

But $40 a day, that's great! Have fun :)

Escape Brooklyn said...

Awww...that's a cute cat. I find that being about from the boy always makes us appreciate each other more.

I've shared rooms with various co-workers on assorted work trips, but now happily get my own room. It's definitely easier if you LIKE the person you have to room with.