Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Budget 10/15-10/29

Almost didn't want to post this Budget as it in no way resembles the ambitious goals I set out for myself in the Extra Paycheck Debt Payoff Plan but I find myself totally incapable to see beyond a two week time period and thus frequently forget about expenses. Today is officially "extra paycheck" day but it doesn't feel that way since I bought a plane ticket a month ago, thus using the first paycheck of the month to pay my rent instead of the second and now need to use this "extra paycheck" to pay for the things that the first paycheck usually covers. And so it goes...

This Extra Paycheck is at least helping me set things back on track again. From now on the first paycheck goes to student loans and Nice Collection Agency and the second goes to rent, utilities, credit card. Or so I hope.

So here's my very tentative budget for the next two weeks which includes me flying to an out-of town wedding. If you harken back to the last wedding I attended you may recall how viciously out of sync I was budget wise for this experience. Therefore I'm going to suspend extra debt payoffs until after the wedding next weekend so I don't come up short again. Here it goes:

Starting Balance = $1135


Savings - 50 (must start saving reguarly
Aunt Sallie Mae - 406
Defaulted Student Loan - 260
Nice Collection Agency - 125
Wedding Gift - 100
Groceries - 40
Misc. - 164

I'm finding it hard to calculate how much I may end up spending during the wedding. I have free accomodation at a pretty awesome beach house (see the pic). The rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch the next day ensure I will have food/drink the whole time. The only thing I can imagine paying for are cabs and snacks to/from the airport. Thus, I should be able to spend less than $40 the whole weekend, right? Wish me luck!


I also have to buy a bottle of wine tonight for my weekly movie date with a friend (approx $10) and have plans to meet up with a friend for a drink on her birthday on Friday (no more than $20). Boyfriend is going away next week so I need to officially buy all my sandwich supplies lest I want to survive on PB&Js.

I am looking forward to the wedding despite its obvious drain on my budget.

1 comment:

Shtinkykat said...

As much as I know how disappointing it is, don't get too discouraged about how you've had to deviate from your original extra paycheck plan. What's important is that you're planning to save some of it. And that's great progress.