Friday, October 10, 2008

Boyfriend Got a Raise!


What a happy Friday it is indeed! Boyfriend has been waiting to hear about a raise for a while now from his company and it finally came through! I didn't ask him if I could post it (so I won't) but I will tell you that our combined income is now $135,600! We're rich!!!

Well, no, there is no "we" to our money. Yet. And I'm still quite broke and will be until next Wednesday when the glorious Extra Paycheck comes. And combined we have a gigantic amount of debt (including his recently purchased condo) but I'm so proud of him. He hasn't had a raise in three years whereas I am guaranteed at least a COLA every year - though this year's COLA was 3% and inflation was 5% so I effectively make less money now.

On my own career development front, I didn't get the Bus Job - screw commuting anyway - but I did get another recruitment notice from an interesting prospect (in walking distance of course). Will post more details when they become available.

Have a great weekend. We'll be celebrating and entertaining Boyfriend's Parents who are visiting the condo for the first time!

9 comments:

Shtinkykat said...

A raise in this economy is good news indeed! Congrats to BF. Re: the prospective job oppty: Wouldn't you feel more comfortable staying with a gubment job in this economy?

Sallie's Niece said...

Yes and in fact the job is a government job - a better one! Details to come!

Anny said...

Hey any raise these days is a big deal!

Congrats to the bf on pushing you guys to rich status :D

Anonymous said...

You're dating Macaulay Culkin? Sweeeet. I suppose he's "of age" nowadays ;)

Sallie's Niece said...

Haha, I used to have a big crush on Macauley back in the day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your bf!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to him! Hope you did some celebrating over the weekend :)

Jim ~ mydebtblog.com said...

When I get my next raise beyond the COLA my plan is to put it directly into savings every month. I know that I can make it just fine on what I make even though COLA never seems to be in line with inflation. Saving that extra money though would be nice to have on the side when needed. Sounds like things are going quite well for you both.

Sallie's Niece said...

Thank you all. We had a nice weekend with his parents and they were very proud. I talked to Boyfriend about his goals and he is still working on short term goals like tackling credit card debt then shoring up his Emergency Fund too but the extra money should accelerate his plans. We also have some tax things to work out too now due to his homeowner status and the fact that I can't figure out how to $7500 tax credit will affect him.