Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dreaming of Retirement

Everyone is panicking about the Stock Market!!! Except for me. I hadn't really jumped into the whole retirement savings scheme until (gasp) two months ago when I opened up my 457 Retirement Plan. I was curious to see how it was doing so (like many people across the country) I took a look:



I only "lost" $56.98 so I'm not too concerned. I am happy that I have accumulated so much in such a short time without really feeling an effect on my bottom line. Hopefully I can keep this up for the next 30 years of so. Sigh...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you gotta start somewhere right? so great job on that!!!

Daizy said...

Hopefully in 30 years the total will be painlessly in the millions!

Shtinkykat said...

Awesome! Automatic retirement savings plan rock. When the market rebounds (and it eventually will), you'll see a significant rebound since you're dollar cost averaging right now in a down market.

Anonymous said...

If we're nervous about putting more money into a potentially unstable market, I'd like to suggest bonds as the way to go.

RetireDebtFreeHappy - retirement plans, retirement planning calculator, retirement planning, early retirement planning, retirement savings