Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wedding Budget Update

So crisis averted I guess. Called my mom to talk about my dress and travel plans, etc. when all of a sudden a voice in the background says "does Sallie's Niece want some money for her trip?"

Dun dun dun.....Dad to the rescue!!! First thing tomorrow I will have $100 sitting pretty in the bank.

I've been bailed out just like the banks.

Sure I could have said no but he wants me to enjoy myself and frankly I would be a whole less stressed if I know this weekend was going to run smoothly. Also if I had planned my wardrobe weeks in advance but that's a whole other story.

The question now becomes: do I up the wedding gift back to my intended $100 or take a dolphin tour? I don't know. I think I'll stick to the $50 plan and then get my parents a souvenir. Or something for Boyfriend. Or maybe even me!

And yes, dear readers, I do feel a little ashamed to admit to you all that I am 28 years old and I'm taking money from my parents but I'm being honest. They like to help me out and sometimes you just gotta let em. Now I won't feel like it's a major crisis if someone wants to go out to a bar or restaurant while we are away. I can even rent a bike. Or see some dolphins.



8 comments:

paisley penguin said...

st the fact that you have that money sitting there must be nice. That always makes me feel better even if I don't spend it.

Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Its your parents and it's a small amount, I think parents enjoy helping or giving gifts to their children. So hope you have a good time and go see the dolphins.

asgreen said...

Enjoy yourself! We shouldn't be ashamed when our parents help us out hear and now. We should be ashamed if we are still mooching off them for everything. =)

Anonymous said...

I always dislike being a negative voice but... I understand that you want to have a good time but you should treat that money as something just in case instead of buying extras such as the dolphin tour... And I have to say, it is no longer a small amount in your budget. $100 can go a long way in paying off your Capital One or even building up your emergency fund so you aren't living paycheck to paycheck. And yes, needing your parents' help at 28 when they are already struggling according to some of your earlier posts, is wrong.

Anonymous said...

oh lighten up Jackie, bah humbug!

Take the tour & stop worrying! I'm a parent and like most parents I sometimes do things for my kids just because I want to see them enjoy themselves, and because I can.

It's a gift so just say thanks and have a great time!

Shtinkykat said...

Don't worry about accepting money from your parents. Eventually the roles are going to be reversed in time when they become older. Things all balance out in the end. In the meantime, enjoy yourself!

Sallie's Niece said...

Hi everyone, I'm back and I saw dolphins! Just to clear something up though - my parents aren't struggling. They just seemed stressed out about money on the weekend of my sister's wedding because, well, it was really expensive. Look forward to a great post about my experience this past weekend.

undercover vixen said...

it's late but what I woulda done would be to keep 50 and put the other fifty in my emergency savings fund