So far we have everything we need already or have borrowed it. We made a list of all the things we need to buy for the weekend and split it down the middle:
- Burgers and buns (we will buy)
- Beer and ice (both will buy)
- Snacks (both will buy, I require S'Mores)
- Big cooler (sad as it is, apartment dwellers don't have coolers and we weren't able to borrow one big enough so friends will buy this)
- Charcoal grill (Boyfriend has camp grill but apparently it won't suffice - I defer to the boys when it comes to grilling, but we think we can get a cheap one)
- Campsite already paid ($13 each night = $26 divided by four = a great deal!!)
I'm a little nervous as it is over 90 degrees out and there may be thunder and lightning tomorrow but hopefully it won't spoil our fun. Also Boyfriend and I are camping people but our City Slicker friends - not so much.
No cable television or Internet for two days doesn't sound too bad. In fact, it sounds like my Apartment! The campsite people warned us there are no showers, but hey, there's a lake!
Beer will probably be the most expensive thing we do all weekend. The lake is stocked with trout so we may even get a free meal for our time. The thing I love most about summer is being able to do fun stuff outside with friends and I'm looking forward to a great weekend!