Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Day of Work


So today's my last day at my current job. I've got all my stuff in boxes. I've copied over all my personal files and deleted the rest. I'm saying goodbye to the people I've worked with for 2.5 years, many of whom will be out of work tomorrow.

It's a very bittersweet time for me. I'm excited to be moving on. Relieved to still have a job. At the same time I have a big case of survivor guilt. Gifts and well wishes are being exchanged and I've gotten a whole lotta of "good luck" comments. I don't really know what to say to the people who are out of work. I should be stopping by the farewell "party" at the bar this afternoon but probably just for a little while to pay my respects.

I wish I could take a few of my coworkers with me and I hope that they will land on their feet.

In the meantime, wish me luck tomorrow on my first day at the new job. April 1st, hope that's not a bad sign.

5 comments:

J. Money said...

awwww, well GOOD LUCK!!! you'll be fine for sure :) totally understandable about the way you feel leaving the others behind, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Anonymous said...

Goodluck sister!! Congrats! Everyone will work it out in their own way... you just be glad that you worked it out fast!

xo

Daizy said...

Good Luck! I hope it's a job that you love!

Shtinkykat said...

Good luck girl. You have such a kind heart to worry about your former co-workers. I suggest you keep in touch and when you hear about a job opportunity, let them know.

Jim ~ mydebtblog.com said...

You'll be fine, they'll be fine. Nobody stops doing something for any long period of time. Sure there are programs like unemployment and such, but the money runs out. The people willing to work will eventually find a job as long as they look. I go out on the job websites and there's tons of stuff still out there. Hope the new gig works out well for you.