Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Spring!

I apologize for the lack of posts. Work has been really depressing. I haven't told anyone that I have a new job because I feel so bad that most of my co-workers are being laid off. In the meantime everyone (like me) who has no more personal time left comes into work everyday and does little to no work.

I only have to last two more days. I feel really bad and anti-social. Everyone wants to commiserate but I just stay out of it. Today they removed our vending machines which just sucks in so many ways.

On a lighter note, I've been picking up some new work clothes. My parents said they would send me some money for this cause but no luck yet, my budget will have to be adjusted to reflect this change. My new position is more formal and requires me to be more visible than I'm used to. Instead of the person on the phone or sending emails I get to meet with live people...yay for my career, bad for my budget.

I'm going to the season's first bbq tommorow which makes me infinitely happy. It's not warm out just yet but it's getting there. Makes me realize how much I need a new light jacket, something like this one. It's not in the budget just yet but hopefully soon. I'm very grateful to have a new job to look foward to.
Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

paisley penguin said...

Oooohhhhh! Love that trench. So springy and the price tag is niiiice!

Savings not Shoes said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to see that you're doing so well (I've been totally disconnected). Not sure it's spring here in London yet, but I am excited for spring clothes none-the-less. Congrats on the raise!