Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Budget 03/18 - 03/31

Greetings from Unemployment Watch 2009! I only have nine days of employment left but I'm not too panicked. Hopefully I will be hearing from the potential new job soon. They made it seem like I was almost guaranteed a spot in the new office but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

Since April is a three paycheck month (gotta love the Extra Paycheck!) I am able to have a slighty modified budget since I will be paid again just in time for April's rent.

The Good News: I am putting $400 in Savings!

The Less Good News: $200 of that money is allocated for my upcoming Disney trip. Although if I do lose my job I'll keep the money in my Emergency Fund and we'll probably do one less park day.

So here's my budget for the next two weeks. It took me quite a while to figure it out and lo and behold the last of my student loans have come out of deferrment (more on that later) so I forked over quite a bit of moola today.

Starting Balance = $1156 ($13 more than usual, thanks President Obama!)

Emergency Fund - 200
Disney Trip/Emergency Fund - 200
Credit Card - 133 (paid off!)
Utilities - 205 ($85 towards Overdue Balance - paid off!)
School Loan - 54 (still paying extra)
Perkins Loan - 93 (boo!)
Sprint - 64
Festival ticket fund - 50
Groceries - 50
Misc. - 100

It's been a week since my apartment was first shown to a potential new tenant but according to my landlord they still haven't decided on it. He plans to show it to other interested tenants soon. The only way I can survive unemployment is to get out of that lease so I'm hoping April will be my last month paying rent.

It feels good to finally be adding money to my Emergency Fund, I've been lacking in that department for a while and I've got a whopper of a potential emergency on the horizon. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sallie's Niece said...

I hearby amend this budget to include shopping for new work clothes as my next job is a tad more formal. Details to come.