So it's been one month since my first post and although things are still pretty dire on the financial front, I realize I've actually made a lot of progress in a short period of time.
1. I settled an old credit card account and am happy to report that this debt will be gone forever in just 23 more months!
2. I started paying Sallie Mae after almost going into default.
3. I've started tracking every dollar I spend online and through this blog.
4. I finished paying back a friend the money I owed him.
5. I finally paid enough back to my credit card so that it is no longer maxed out.
6. I've made budgets for myself and tried very hard to stick to them.
7. I've looked for ways to save money - including no more vending machine purchases and bringing lunch to work with me.
8. I am very close to being done with payday loans.
9. I have secured two job interviews, one of which looks very promising.
10. I've made goals for the month and for the rest of the year (see my sidebar!).
So all in all, I am happy about what I've done so far. It may not seem like much but believe me, I was much worse off before - bouncing checks left and right, getting overdrafted, spending money I didn't have, etc. Hopefully the next month will bring even more progress.