Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Still Unpacking


Unfortunately the Unpacking Fairies have yet to arrive at Boyfriend's new condo. He has been away all week and I originally planned on miraculously unpacking all his stuff for him by the time he comes home tomorrow night. Instead I mostly hung out at my apartment with the cat (who is still adjusting to being in a new environment - little does she know she will be moving again soon).

I did do some unpacking, however, and it has made me think about how much friggen junk people can accumulate over the years. Boyfriend, for example, has more pairs of socks than there are days in the year. He gets mad at me for borrowing them but honestly he seems to have enough to keep an entire soccer team going for months. He also has yet to part with many of the treasured "heirlooms" of his youth - a gigantic amplifier and bass guitar being the glaring example. He swears he will sell the amp and learn to play the bass, but we barely have time to play Guitar Hero lately so that remains to be seen.

He also has a comic book collection he SWEARS is worth "big money" but right now it's just taking up valuable floor space. I have been tripping over it as I try to find boxes of actual important items in the condo (like where the heck is the remote control?).

If and when I move in with him I can safely say all I will be bringing are my clothes, my musical instrument and my DVD collection. I don't really own much else of value. Everything in my apartment has at one point belonged to a friend, a family member, or a random stranger who donated it to me by way of placing it at the curb. Except for my books but most of the expensive textbooks I've already sold or given away. My mattress is my most expensive thing I ever purchased and I will miss it when I move but it's served its purpose quite nicely for the past five years.

I, for one, am looking forward to a simple move - but not yet. But when I move in, I am gonna make a few girly changes. By the way, that's an actual pic of the pile of boxes in the condo - taken with my camera phone so it's not the best quality. What do you think of the paint color? It's nice, right?

6 comments:

paisley penguin said...

I love the paint - I can't tell if it's dark grey or olive green? Crown moldings - yeehaw!

Daizy said...

I like that the walls aren't white. Does it match with the red bedding?

That picture reminds me that I have an entire mobile home full of (extremely valuable) junk that needs a new home. But I live in my RV so I don't have to look at it :) Denial? Maybe.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think the Unpacking Faries have taken a vacation with the Housework Faries that should currently be cleaning my house. Can't hold it against them though, they're such cute little things...

Sallie's Niece said...

The paint is actually blue - Regatta Bay it's called. We love the crown moldings but those buggers were hard to paint. I hope to put up better pics soon!

asgreen said...

Sadly it is hard to see. But from what I can see it looks great.

Anny said...

I like the color! Good luck unpacking - its such a drain