Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meredith and George Pay Student Loans!!


Cable and Internet are finally operational again in the condo!!!! Boyfriend and I were getting pretty tired of watching old movies. He stayed up all night hooking up his sound system on his new tv and is very excited in a total boy sort of way. Meanwhile, I am excited because Grey's Anatomy's season premiere is on tonight!!!!

But lest we go all crazy pondering whether Izzie is going to hook up with Alex and if Meredith and Derek are really really together for good - not to mention what kind of creepy crazy surgeries are going to be performed - let's take a step back and remember that second year medical residents - as most of the main characters were when we left them (except for George who has to repeat his first year) - earn an average of $46,000 a year. and carry loans up to $200,000 for their education.

They have an Aunt named Sallie Mae as well. (All except for Izzie who posed in lingerie ads to pay her tuition. Well I guess that's one way to do it.)

AND they work up to 100 hours a week, sometimes 36 hours straight, despite new policies designed to limit hours. Yikes!!!

A friend's brother tried a different route and let the Army pay for med school. Now he's going to Iraq. But I guess they don't make a sexy t.v. show about that.

But enough gloom and doom, what do you think of Dr. Han? Love her or hate her? Will she ever be nice to Christina? I get to find out tonight!!

1 comment:

laughing808 said...

I can't wait......I've been anticipating this new season all summer.

I'm not really feeling Dr. Han. But I think she adds a certain element to the show in that she's very focused at the task on hand. She doesn't seem to get caught up in all the other stuff going on.