Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Budget 09/03 - 09/17

One of my favorite old (early 90's) movies is Reality Bites. I can really identify to the portrayal of trying to survive in your 20's and not losing your ideals at the same time. In one scene, Winona Ryder, unemployed and broke, resorts to using an emergency gas card given to her by her father to stock up on snacks at the gas station. Ha! If only I had one of those for the next two weeks.

Alas, here is where my money will be going. Because I didn't pay the rent like I was supposed to with the last paycheck's funds, this Budget is extremely tight. I also have decided to pay some outstanding association fees so that I can get back involved with my favorite hobby.

Starting Balance = $1272

Rent - 725
Defaulted Student Loan - 260
Nice Collection Agency - 125
Association Fees - 70
ATM fees from last month - 8
Food and Misc. - 84

(Also note that 3% of my salary is going to my pension and 7% is going to my 403(b))

I have the job interview tommorow as well so at least $2 of the miscellaneous money is going towards bus fares. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anny said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

OMG I was JUST thinking about that movie this morning! That was one of my faves as a teen. And I definitely struggled with the whole 'keeping your ideals while trying to earn a living' thing last year. I was really disillusioned for a while there.. that's why it's good you're going to keep up with the hobby stuff. It's important to remember that you are not JUST what you do for a living. Good luck with the budget! :)

Daizy said...

Good luck! No money once in a while is a challenge but no money all the time is depressing. Hope you get a good paycheck soon!

PiggyBankBlues said...

tough month, but you're doing right by budgeting. best of luck :)