Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Didn't Get the Job

I finally found out that I didn't get the State job I interviewed for. Fail. Eh, it's okay. Although it would have been a lot more money potentially, the work wasn't as tailored to my experience as I originally thought it was. It sucks that budget cuts means waiting longer on the eligible list but I'm confident something else will come up eventually.

In the meantime I am supposed to be interviewing soon for a potentially sexy job which is a lot more in line with my experience. It's taking lots of finesse and maneuvering to be considered so I am crossing my fingers (yet again) that I will be successful.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Just means that the perfect job for you is still out there to be claimed. :-)

paisley penguin said...

Sorry about that and good luck onthe other one!

Sunflowers said...

I'm sorry... but maybe it was for the better. Now you can get that sexy job! ;)

Anonymous said...

ewww, yeah i'm sorry too...it's just a matter of time till you get that good one though!!!

PYT said...

Well that's okay. I'm sure the next job will be even better. It's better to be doing something you truly enjoy anyway.

Miss M said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I hope the next opportunity is better and works out for you.

Sallie's Niece said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Looking back I really shouldn't just take the easy way out and take a position just because it offers more money and job security (though those would be nice) when there could be better jobs out there. I'm satisfied with my job for now and hopefully will find something even better soon.

Shtinkykat said...

Sorry for the late comment but bummer. Things always happen for a reason and I think in this case, it's because there's a better oppty waiting for you elsewhere.

asgreen said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are already looking for other opportunities.

Escape Brooklyn said...

You got so close with this last one that I'm sure something great is right around the corner for you! I know it's frustrating but just keep doing what you're doing and the right fit will come along.