Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Budget 1/21 - 2/03


Ugh. My utilities are costing me an arm and a leg this month! I can't wait to ditch my apartment. I have my thermostat set at only 60 degrees yet I still have to pay $50 for heat because of the damned cold weather and the high price of gas. I looked back at last year's numbers and it looks like January is always the most expensive month so hopefully things will get better next month.

Anyhow, here's my budget for the next two weeks. I'm going to Lake Tahoe next week! Plane ticket and hotel were free. Lift ticket, meals and miscellaneous are courtesy of Boyfriend's bonus.

Starting Balance = $1139

Dentist - 25 (overdue, will mail today!)
Rent - 725
Water - 50 (still owe $300, ugh)
Sprint - 64
Utilities - 156 (including $40 towards Payment Agreement)
School Loan - 54 (upping payment according to 2009 Resolutions)
Misc. - 65

I'm very excited for our trip! Dog sledding here we come!

5 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I noticed your Sprint bill was a little high (don't know your plan). If you haven't already, you can get a discount on your sprint bill for being a member of a credit union, certain universities, certain employers...it's always a good thing to look into.

Shtinkykat said...

You are so going to have to post the dog sledding pics! In the mean time, good job in bumping up your SL payment!

Anny said...

Have fun!!!

Escape Brooklyn said...

Have a great trip! I'm jealous!!

Jim ~ mydebtblog.com said...

I've had estimated gas bills for a few months and am concerned what the actual reading will end up costing me. Lately $60 a month has been average, but gas costs have gone down not up lately so maybe it's not that bad. I remember a year ago when it got cold getting a nearly $200 gas bill and my jaw dropped. Have fun on your trip.