Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Budget 11/24 - 12/07

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for this year. First and foremost, my job. I was just thinking back over the past two plus years since I started this blog and all the things that have happened.
Right around this time two years ago I was losing my job. And remember that time I wrote about my "rich" parents' Thanksgiving traditions and everyone yelled at me? (Good times)

But then I got a new job with a better salary, soon to be followed by a cost of living increase.

In the midst of all this, I got engaged, moved six months later, and married my excellent husband. We also saved a bunch of money for said wedding and honeymoon.

I paid off an old collections account that had haunted me for years....and I paid off one of my student loans!

Just two weeks ago my sister had a baby, the grandchild for my parents, and I became a proud aunt.

I have a lot to be thankful for, including this paycheck I will now spend:

Starting Balance - $1271

Roth I.R.A. - 500
Perkins Loan - 200
Credit Card - 200
Groceries - 75
Health - 45*
Gift - 100**
Misc. - 151

*This may be higher. I really won't know for a few more days but luckily there's my good old friend the miscellaneous category.

**We have a gift account with enough to buy presents for family but this money is allocated to buy my sweet hubby a present.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you have rich parents. I've enjoyed reading your blog up until now and seeing your progress but am saying goodbye. Sounds like you have a good backstop so the "struggle" appears to be make believe.

Sallie's Niece said...

Thanks for reading and I'm sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately that post from last year was wildly misinterpreted. My parents are currently paying for my sibling's college tuition which has delayed their retirement so I don't expect (or want) any help from them.