Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Where it Went 6/24 - 7/7

So I am finally free of my apartment and paying rent, yay! Moving meant scrambling around like a maniac for a week and a half and spending some cash, but it's finally over and I can start seeing some savings.

I had to buy a new dress for a wedding we attended and despite my efforts at finding one on sale (believe me I tried) I ended up spending $100. Granted it's a very nice dress and I'm sure I'll be wearing it again but...ouch.

I also bought a weight loss video game to the tune of $43, but $10 of that money was technically spent on "donating" my old computer monitor to Best Buy. I'm trying to think of ways to make working out fun. It stinks. Hopefully I'll start to see some results in that area of my life soon as well.

Without further ado, here's how my budget stacked up over the past two weeks compared to my earlier projections:

Aunt Sallie Mae - 406/408
Perkins Loan - 93/93
School Loan - 54/54
Utilities - 45/47
Sprint - 100/97
Laptop - 70/0
Groceries - 100/0
Misc. - 128/280
Clothes - 0/100
Video Game - 0/43
Wedding - 400/90

My first pay period of saving money for the wedding and I totally blew it. I have to start transferring the money to the wedding account at the beginning of the pay period to prevent this problem from reoccurring. Must remember to get some deposit slips from the fiance. Will need to adjust accordingly in today's budget as this wedding isn't going to pay for itself.

I didn't end up sending in the lap top payment yet but don't worry folks (and fiance) it's not due until the 13th and I will pay it today!!

Stay tuned for the next budget and some bad news. :-(

No comments: