Thursday, October 16, 2008

Excuse Me, Mister Scrooge

I'm SO COLD!!!!!!!! I had been counting down the days until October 15th when my office was going to turn the heat on. And guess what, my radiator is blowing out cool air! I thought perhaps this was a malfunction and asked around. Nope. The "heat" is set to 73 degrees and therefore only blows out cold air. If I'm cold I was directed to use this space heater. Which smells really bad. Here's a picture of it placed two feet away from my desk. The last time I turned mine on it shorted a fuse and caused ten people's computers to crash. I don't care though. I'm cold! I'm sure New York State taxpayers are happy we're saving money though!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! i BET That thing smells :( mine here @ work does too, but i get used to it after a while - would much rather be warm.

I'm gonna come after you if you crash MY computer down here in DC ;)

Sallie's Niece said...

No computer crashes yet! I finally got my boss on the case of the cold air situation and he's looking into it - he's cold too!

Shtinkykat said...

When I saw this comic strip, I thought of this post about being in an unheated office. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I dread the coming of winter for this exact reason - in a office full of men, I ambolutely freeze!!! There would have to be, like, an ice flow through the middle of the office for them to agree to turn the heating on. I hate it and it makes me very grumpy all winter!!!

Keri said...

You know, I don't think space heaters really save money though. My b/f ran them in his house most of the winter last year and made his electric bill really high. But guess what, you aren't the only one using a space heater at the office. The law office I work in is actually an old house. Yeah we have central air/heating, but the room I'm in which is basically a community area through to the kitchen and what not doesn't get that warm. The draft from the back door comes through when the attorney walks through, so, I run my space heater to keep my feet, at least, from getting frost bite. I am in Georgia though, so its probably not as bad as the NY cold.