Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where it Went 08/06 - 08/19

I'm pretty happy about how my budget for the last two weeks worked out. Okay, so I messed up and didn't buy lunch food in advance so there were a bunch of times I had lunch at work. But I kept costs low and there were no major unexpected surprises - other than the minor damage I did on my smoking fall from grace.

Here's how it went:

Budgeted/Actual
Aunt Sallie Mae - 406/406.96
Defaulted Student Loan - 260/260
Nice Collection Agency - 125/125.81
Utilities - 85/83.95
Sister's Wedding Present - 150/152
Boyfriend Debt - 50/0
Mailing Stuff - 5/2 (still have one more thing to mail)
Food + Beer - 55/70

Discrepancies

Hmm, for some reason I put my starting balance as $1157 when it was in fact $1151. I did not pay Boyfriend back any money yet. This bugs me but I was pretty darn broke after buying Sister's wedding gift. I did not account for $8 in ATM fees, ugh. I also got $10 in laundry quarters and ended the two week period with about $5 left in the bank.

If I can keep this kind of diligence I should be looking at a pretty good September and a great October despite some new expenses I will explain later.

And before you mention it, yes I do intend to pay Boyfriend, but I am also performing free work for him right now so I don't feel SO bad that it didn't get done this time around.

1 comment:

Sallie's Niece said...

Oh I totally lied and forgot to mention I put my prescriptions ($15) on my credit card (bad SN!) the other day because I ran out of money. Don't worry I just paid it back today.