Friday, August 15, 2008

Thanks for Stopping By - Check Out My Friends!

While I was away yesterday at a fun and free outing arranged by Boyfriend's company, 100 readers visited my humble blog. Yay! It makes me happy to know that others are joining me on this mission to beat back the Student Loan giants and live on a budget as a single woman. One reader even quit smoking after reading my posts about the process, double yay! In the last couple of months I've become very interested in reading other personal finance blogs and since I just started using a Google Reader I can keep up to date on all my virtual "friends" out there.

A lot of other bloggers acknowledge their top referrers every month and I haven't done that yet because I'm not so sure how to but I was nominated for an award by Beach Girl so I decided it was a good time to nominate other bloggers for an award based on my very biased method of seeing who links to my site! So, according to Google Analytics, here are my top referrers of all time (and a short review of their blog):

1. Chicky Finance - Chicky's blog is great. She only learned English 6 years ago (wow) and now she's learning about paying off credit card debt and living on a budget in ritzy Orange County, CA.

2. My Debt Blog - Jim and his wife have just as much student loan debt on top of a mortgage and credit card debt, yikes! He's smart and motivated about dealing with their mountain of debt and offers some advice to others.

3. Beach Girl's Budget Blog - Beach Girl realized a few months ago she wants to go to law school and (unlike me) she's saving up for it! Check out her blog and be jealous at all of her wisdom like I am. (She also nominated me so I guess technically I can't nominate her again. I'm not sure of the rules).

4. Always the Planner - a single NYC gal with lots of student loan debt like me who loves to travel.

5. Savings Not Shoes - an American girl in London - lucky - she's figuring out how to live abroad on a budget, travel and pay back student loans.

6. Sick of Being Poor - another single gal, Sick of Being Poor wants to pay off her debt and have a secure financial future as a Special Education teacher.

7. Escape Brooklyn - Escape Brooklyn is a tale of a 30 something married gal who wants to get out of Brooklyn and live someplace cooler (and more affordable). Don't tell Mayor Bloomberg but she may inspire a mass exodus!

8. Shtinkykat's PF Blog - I just found her today but I love the cute kitty in her header, check her out!

9. Athena Loves Fashion - she just caught on to personal finance after reading some blogs and realizing she was wasting her money, welcome!

10. Bright Pennies - Jill is learning to manage her money and pay off her debt.


Okay, so those are the nominees. Here are the rules:

The nine of you (excluding Beachgirl for whom it would be redundant) are supposed to do the following:

1. Put the logo (below) on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.- Don't forget this step. This is great free advertising!
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

So happy Friday to my winners and everyone else out there who may stop by!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!i am flattered big time :)

Savings not Shoes said...

yippee! Your blog is rad!

Escape Brooklyn said...

Thanks for including me! Now I just have to follow your steps and give a shout out to some other great blogs! ;)