Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Budget 6/24 - 7/7


There are a lot of IFs in making this budget. I have been looking forward to the day when I no longer had to pay rent on my Very Expensive Storage Facility, aka my apartment, for SO long and it may finally be here. But to make a very long story short, I may still be on the hook for July's rent. Then again, there's a very good chance I will not have to pay. So here are two budgets - best case scenario and worst case scenario.

Starting Balance = $1,296 (woohoo my pay isn't be lagged anymore)

Best Case Scenario Budget
Aunt Sallie Mae - 406
Perkins Loan - 93
School Loan - 54
Utilities - 45
Sprint - 100?
Laptop - 70
Groceries - 100
Misc. - 128
Wedding - 400
Stupid Sprint has not yet applied my discount. I will have to call them when I feel a little better.

Worst Case Scenario Budget
Rent - 725 or half of 725 @ 360
Aunt Sallie Mae - 406
Utilities - 45
Groceries - 55
Misc. - 65
and everything else waits for two weeks.

So yes I am really hoping that my landlord and I can work this out in the best possible manner. I think worse comes to worse I would just give my landlord half of July's rent and if he really demands more tell him to wait for two weeks as I have given him more than enough notice I was vacating and I've been a darn good tenant for five years. BTW I cannot wait to never have to utter the words "my landlord" ever again. Goodbye serfdom!

Also we've been experiencing a tad bit of domestic stress as of late but I am excited to officially live with my fiance. As much as it has felt like we've been living together this past year I can now see that until you have to part with your wonderful girly accouterments for the greater good it has not been the real deal.

3 comments:

Money Dieter said...

Good luck. Hope it works out!

Chariot said...

Are you breaking a lease or is this the end of one? If you are not breaking it then I don't see how the landlord could be upset or expect you to pay an extra month. You can always try to find a replacement for yourself maybe that will make Mr.Landlord happier.

Sallie's Niece said...

My lease isn't up until the end of July but I told my landlord 6 months ago I wanted out ASAP. So hopefully I will at least get out of paying July since he finally found someone.