Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Well at least I didn't use my student loans to care for my 14 kids...


because apparently that's what the infamous Octuplet Mom, Nadya Suleman, plans to do according to her interview with The Today Show. Just an FYI, if you are a full time graduate student as this woman is, you are eligible to take out loans in excess of the full tuition to pay for living expenses.

Usually these are private loans, which are evil. Thankfully I only did that one time during my education or else I'd have even more debt.

Seriously, good luck to her in finding a lender.
This whole story has made me so sick. Did you see the pictures of her house? Disgusting.

5 comments:

Windier E. Megatons said...

This will end in tears.

Anny said...

I hadn't seen the pictures...wow. Even puppies would be miserable living there.

Miss M said...

Unfortunately most of that mess of a family is being supported by the taxpayers already. She's been on "disability" for years and collected $165k while popping out babies instead of working. Daycare for 14 kids would cost more than tuition!

Anonymous said...

Just think, if you had used your student loans to have 14 kids, you could solicit donations from the public on a website and probably get a bunch of free stuff from people, not to mention hopefully your own reality show on TLC (like Jon and Kate). You could have those loans paid off in no time... come to think of it, maybe that's not such a bad idea after all. Sure beats working for a living :D

Jim ~ mydebtblog.com said...

I don't have an issue with people having large families, but this lady is nuts. Her interview on the Today show made me sick. I have not seen the pictures of where she is living, CPS waiting to happen.

To the comment about John and Kate plus 8 on TLC, this is not at all the same case. That family functions on their own, without having to have a bunch of state or federal aid. Her sister takes care of the kids, the husband works in IT, and Kate is a stay at home mom. Taking care of those 8 kids is her full time job.