Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wedding Wednesday


Ann over at Affecting Change in Me posted a Wedding Wednesday post today and it was interesting for me to read and I figured maybe some of my readers (who aren't yet as sick as I am of wedding talk) would like to read it as well.

I don't have a nice organized list like she does, but here is a random stream of consciousness on all things wedding related today...
  • I had my shower two weeks ago and I only have a few more Thank You cards to send out. I know as a guest I hate getting late thank yous so this will be finished this week. The shower was a blast and we got some really nice stuff. (Now where to put it?)

  • My bachelorette party is this weekend!!! A few friends and I are meeting in the city and going to a bar and then a show. I'm very excited!

  • We are sending out invitations ASAP. Hopefully they will be in the mail by Monday, which will be exactly two months before the wedding. We already sent Save the Dates a year back so most everyone knows when the wedding is, but we still have to do this, ugh.

  • I have my first dress fitting next weekend. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have not seen the dress since November!

  • Next week my fiance and I are meeting with our photographer to do an Engagement Shoot. This should be a good time to get to know him better and be more comfortable posing for pictures on the wedding day - plus it's included in our package. I don't know what to wear!

That's about it for now. Well, not actually. I don't now if my future groom and I have a place to stay the night of the wedding, I haven't even looked at veils, figured out our centerpieces, our menu or our cake...but those are blog posts for another day!

Happy Wedding Wednesday to other brides out there in cyber land!

5 comments:

Morning Noon Evening said...

Thanks for the shout out. :) Yay for Wedding Wednesday!

Have fun at your Bachelorette party! Dinner/Drinks and a show sounds like so much fun!

And trust me, my list is totally unorganized. In fact, now that I think about it - I have more to add. :-)

Daizy said...

Wow, weddings sound fun and crazy and expensive. I love reading about the preparations. Maybe someday I will be able to use the ideas. I want to make my own wedding cake except I would have to freeze it ahead of time because there is no way I would want to be decorating a cake the night before. Maybe I'll have a fake cake and sneek the cut up pieces out of the kitchen like some people do.

Michelle said...

I love seeing wedding cardsand I do want to make a lot for my own wedding

jewelry stores ny said...

Really interesting post........

Violet said...

Wow! I love that savings list you have on your side bar. It's really visual and looks like it would really help me keep track of stuff. Do you think you can tell me how you did that? :)