Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monthly Student Loan Debt Roundup

It's the end of March so you know what that means.....time for my monthly student loan debt roundup!

The only thing to note this month is apparently two of my loans (with the same lender) went up instead of down since I just paid them today and it takes the system six days for the payment to kick in. Boo, I don't like to see numbers going the wrong way...especially since I paid double the minimum payment on one of those loans!!!

Oh well, here are the numbers. Almost below $130k, woo hoo! I really want to celebrate when I hit the below six figure mark but maybe I should celebrate smaller goals along the way too. The $120s aren't far away!


2 comments:

Chitown said...

Curious...what are the interest rates on your student loans?

Sallie's Niece said...

Excellent question! The rates are as follows:

Sub and unsub stafford @ 4.625%

Private undergrad loan (which btw my parents pay for me) is a variable rate but then I checked it today it was 3.15%

Defaulted student loan is held by a collection agency and the interest has already been accounted for, so 0%

Perkins @ 5%

Law school loan @ 8% - my worst enemy!