Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Budget 2/17 - 3/03

This weekend my fiance and I have pre-cana, or marriage preparation with the church. It's an all day course where we will discuss a lot of the tough issues married couples face, including finance. I'm pretty excited! But also, do you think the diocese will accept cash because I just realized I am completely out of checks?!

So here's my budget for the next two weeks, including the $100 course:

Starting Balance = $1310

Pre-Cana - 100
Groceries - 75
Wedding Savings - 500
Credit Card - 150
Sprint - 84

Law School Loan - 80*
Perkins Loan - 93
Health - 65
Misc. - 163

*I paid double the minimum payment this month because I loathe that student loan the most and want to evict it from my life ASAP.

Today also begins Lent and I have decided to abstain from beer and liquor, which maybe will help me spend less money as well. Guess I'll find out.

3 comments:

Daizy said...

I didn't know those classes cost money. I thought they were given by volunteers. I remember asking a friend of mine who is in a financial mess, 'didn't they go over this in marriage class?' I guess they didn't really go in to it that deeply. Too bad, it might have illuminated some warning signs before they got married.

Sallie's Niece said...

Yes it's a required "donation." I can't blame the diocese. They're hemorrhaging cash. I bet if I asked the priest who's marrying us to give us the class it would be free (since I've already made our marriage "donation" and my grandpa is a parishioner) but it's an hour from where we live. Oh well.

WellHeeledBlog said...

Yay for discussing finances... I wonder if you're the only bride-to-be who's excited about talking finances at the pre-cana. Hehee. You should ask your priest! By the way, are we ever going to see a picture of your wedding dress?