Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Have An Interview - Sorta

I'm trying to stay positive in light of the career jeopardy I face myself in....but it hasn't been easy. If one more person tells me "it's going to work out" I may just lose my mind. How is it going to work out? Is money going to fall from the sky?

I talked to my mother yesterday and told her how concerned I was and she told me not to worry and that her and my father would help me out. When I replied that there are no jobs in my city she said I could always move home. Move home? At 28?! Not bloody likely and completely disregarding my relationship with Boyfriend.

What bothers me most is that I would have definitely saved some emergency expenses had they not forced me to renew my lease in the first place as I already live with Boyfriend in all but the legal sense. I reached out to my Sister and expressed my desire to break my lease and got a judgmental email back so I know that no one will support me if I ultimately make this decision.

Anyhow, I have an interview today. Not a real one but a "let's meet and if the clouds part and there's room in the budget maybe I can hire you" session. With much trepidation, I asked my current Big Big Boss to put in a good word for me and he thankfully obliged. It's a good position - maybe with even a little more money - but the man I'm meeting with already told me on the phone that he would like to hire me to help Big Big Boss out but I should pursue other options as well. How's that for depressing?

Wish me luck and here's a lolcat to cheer me up:























3 comments:

Shtinkykat said...

Unfortunately platitudes are all that people can offer these days. It's hard not to have the support of family members but if you and your boyfriend are okay with it, that's what should count. Good luck at today's interview. It never hurts to network.

Sunflowers said...

Good luck!

You're a nicer person than I am... I would have said "screw you!" to the family if they had ever passed any judgment on the decision to move in with my bf. I was, what, 22? 3 years and counting and still very happy that I made that decision.

Sallie's Niece said...

Thanks, it's not so much that I'm nice it's just that I'm completely incapable of going against their wishes. Sigh.