Wednesday, October 28, 2009

457 Gains 40% This Year!

Seriously, I'm not a math person. My 457 quarterly report came in and I just kind of stared at it for a while. But the one figure that stood out to me was that my account had earned a rate of return of more than 40% for the calendar year.

I guess what they say about investing in a down market is true.

Anyway, I still see my retirement savings as kind of lacking since I'm pushing 30....but if I play my cards right I will also have my pension to fall back on (not that I'd ever rely on just that but it's good to know). I keep telling myself I didn't enter the workforce until 26 so it's really the best I can do right now.
But anyway, remember a little over a year ago when I posted this? I only had $611 in my 457. And now here's what it says:



Woohoo for growth! Hopefully this will keep up. My fiance says it's time to diversify. I need to look more into that.

No comments: