Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not Laid Off...Yet

Two amazing things happened today:

I got an interview for a better job! And

I got an email saying my office is extending all of our employment papers until March 31st!



I'm very excited that no matter what I will have a job in 2009, even more excited at the prospect of it being a better job. Now I officially have three irons on the fire and I'm feeling good as we go into the holidays.



The interview is on Friday so I'll report back with details. In the meantime, my co-workers, many who have absolutely NO backup plan, are very excited.



11 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Woo hoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the interview and not getting laid off! Sweet!

Northern Living Allowance said...

Congrats! Good luck on the interview and yay for paycheques until end of March! :)

Anonymous said...

Girl, You gotta get that job!

paisley penguin said...

Congratulations. Good luck to you!

Daizy said...

Wow, great news! I hope you find the perfect job.

Raymond said...

excellent news. There are still high paying jobs on certain job sites -

www.linkedin.com (professional networking)
www.monster.com (keyword job search)
www.realmatch.com (matches jobs based on skills)

good luck to those looking.

Shtinkykat said...

Sounds like your proactive approach to dealing with the layoffs is paying off dividends. Good luck and congratulations on surviving the first round!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME news!!! and i must say, that picture is freakin' hilarious!! haha...i am dying w/ laughter over here...just look at those silly fools ;)

Escape Brooklyn said...

What a relief! It's so nice to have options and a secure job for a few more months!

Anonymous said...

Wow - good for you for pursuing better options for yourself! I wish you all the best on Friday! Looks like you will meet your goal to pay off that cc in Feb!