Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where it Went 7/08 - 7/21

So I pretty much screwed up the past two weeks, not watching my money as carefully as I should have been. I wanted to treat my fiance to a date weekend because he's been gone away on business so much. That would have been all well and fine if I had cut back on other expenses...but I didn't. I also treated a broke friend to Harry Potter and expensive craft beers....well he's supposed to be paying me back today but I'm not holding my breath. I got some take out food because I was too tired to cook for myself. Oh well, what's done is done.

The good news is I got an unexpected $50 check in the mail!

The sort of annoying news is that the bank in which we created the Wedding Fund has still not managed to sort out a bank to bank transfer so I watched money that was supposed to be reserved for the wedding slip out of my account. Hopefully the issue will resolve itself soon as I have learned the hard way that the only way to prevent me from spending money is to take it out of my account!


And now, the numbers. Here's where my money went as compared to the budget I established two weeks ago:

Budgeted/Actual

Wedding - 500/295
Defaulted Student Loan - 260/260
Nice Collection Agency - 125/125
Laptop - 75/75
Groceries - 100/96
Camping - 50/20
Misc./Dry Cleaning - 86/424

Yeah I know, it's pretty bad. I really need to reign it in and transfer all of the wedding money to the wedding account ASAP! Otherwise there may just not be a wedding! Well, okay there will still be a wedding...but with some pissed off vendors!

The good news is I just realized I only have 5 more months of payments to Nice Collection Agency and I'm done paying that old card off forever!

Stay tuned for my next budget coming right up!

No comments: